Before you start reading, please familiarize yourself with the schedule above.
Before you leave this page, click the registration links at the bottom for both: Register for the RNC/RPT Training here. And register for the EIPHays training here.
Ok, now read on…
Creating a powerful grassroots movement made up of 100% volunteer effort is not an easy task. In fact, it’s a considerably larger effort than you would imagine (unless you’ve already attempted it).
We know we have a lot of willing Advocates waiting to get busy, and we’re about to get busy. So here’s a quick overview on what we’ve been up to, and what’s on deck for all of us.
What We’ve Been Up To
We’ve been tracking a number of key indicators that would define our strategy for the 2022 Primary season. Only in the last several weeks have our indicators begun to show themselves clearly, including;
– Primary Date Remains March 1st. The redistricting lawsuits never got traction so the possibility of moving the primary back to May or June was lost. Had that happened, we would have had time to introduce our Policy Initiatives with an expectation of success.. But given the March 1st primary – with Early Voting beginning on February 14th – there’s no time to sell and implement policy. So we’re 100% focused on Election Watching through the primary
– Uncertainty on Election Watch Training Source. While we originally planned one source, we were not able to secure a date with them. And while we were looking for another independent, non-partisan source, we were unable to find one, so we went to the Republican Party of Texas. We found the RPT would be facilitating a course by the RNC. So that’s solved – mostly. (There were some issues on their reservation system, but that seems solved).
In addition the few other exterior things, we’ve also had key players out for illness (several for extended periods), family illness, death and birth, holidays, work, spouses, children, parents and friends that need us. That’s real life, and we keep moving.
We’ve got some new tools in place that should make it easier to communicate together. You should notice an upgrade in communications.
What’s On-Deck: Election Watcher Training
As mentioned above, we’re focused on Election Watching for the 2022 Primary, and that means our next step Is gathering, training and supporting all the Election Watchers we can find. Here’s what to expect:
– Level I Election Watcher Training – Online – This is an RNC Program sponsored by the RPT, and this will be online training beginning Tuesday, January 25th. Six hours of this online course are pre-requisites for our Level II Training; Election Law, Poll Watcher Training and Central Count Training.
– Level I Election Watcher Training – In-Person – Mark your calendar for February 6th. A similar class to the online training above, we highly recommend you attend both, but either will do.
– Level II Election Watcher Training – Mark your calendar for February 12th for this online training, 10:00am-11:30am. .EIPHays will build on the knowledge you gained in the Level I courses and prepare you to apply your skills as a watcher, with checklists, escalation instructions, issue tracking, etc. This Level-II Poll Watcher training will be heldon February 12th, just before Early Voting starts so that you’ll be ready. If you can’t make the in-person session it will be difficult to help as an Election Watcher, so it’s important to be there. We may hold a catch up class the following day if necessary and a few are willing. The online training for Central Count Watch is just prior to Election Day on February 27th.
So this is the moment we’ve been waiting for – the opportunity to help ensure every vote is counted as cast.
We’ll get back to you soon with even more.
4 quick requests before you go:
1. Stop in at www.gopvictory.com/become-a-poll-watcher/ and complete your registration.
2. Stop in at www.EIPHays.com/contact-us/ and complete our Advocate Information Form. That gets you on our email push list.
3. Like our Facebook page now if you haven’t already. Hey, while you’re there, Share our latest video to help spread the word.
4. Join us on the Telegram app @EIPhays. We’ll likely be doing all of our livecasts from Telegram in the near future,
So get your rest and eat your Wheaties and join us! We’ve got important work to do.